Gartner, Inc. announced today the winners of the Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards for Enterprise Architecture (EA) Tools. The Customer Choice Awards are a ranking of vendors by verified end-user professionals, taking into account both the number of end-user reviews, and the overall user ratings.
The EA tools capture, store, structure and analyze information pertaining to EA and present the information to enterprise stakeholders. These tools provide support for strategic decision making by capturing vital enterprise context, along with content development and analysis capabilities across the business, information, technology and solution architectures.
Orbus Software is the Gold Award winner of the 2017 Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards for EA Tools, followed by Sparx Systems with the Silver Award (see Table 1). More information on the award winners is available at the Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards for EA Tools page.
"In interpreting reviews, it's difficult for IT professionals to balance the number of reviews for a company versus a company's overall rating. The Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards are designed to help end users navigate these issues to make better purchase decisions," said Ken Davis, executive vice president of Products and Services at Gartner. "We work hard to ensure that all of the reviews are submitted by an IT professional or business user who has had experience purchasing, implementing, and/or using the enterprise solution they are reviewing — free from conflicts of interest."
2017 Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Award Winners in Enterprise Architecture Tools
Source: Gartner (September 2017)
About Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards
Awards are given to vendors based on these criteria:
- The vendor must have at least one product designated by Gartner's research analysts as relevant to the market.
- The vendor must have at least 50 reviews published in that market during the submission period.
- Published reviews must pass Gartner's validation, conflict of interest and moderation processes.
- Gold, silver, and bronze awards will be given to the top three vendors based on an algorithmic score that meet these criteria:
- Maximum 75 percent of the deployments reported by reviewers from non-North America regions
- Maximum 75 percent of reviews from one industry
- Maximum 50 percent of reviews from non-Enterprise end users. (Enterprise defined as >$50 million U.S. dollars
- Vendors who qualify for the award but don't meet above criteria may still be eligible for an honorable mention for their focus.
The identification of a Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Award winner or honorable mention is not an endorsement by Gartner of any vendor, product or service. For more information on the Gartner Peer Insights Customer Choice Awards, please visit www.gartner.com/reviews-pages/peer-insights-customer-choice-awards/.
About Gartner Peer Insights
Gartner Peer Insights transforms the way enterprise software is bought and sold by creating another source of trusted information in the software buying process. Gartner's review platform is a place for all IT buyers to find advice they can trust from fellow IT professionals. Gartner Peer Insights includes more than 38,000 verified reviews in more than 160 markets. For more information, please visit www.gartner.com/reviews/home.