Distinguished VP Analyst
23 years at Gartner, 34 years industry experience
Location: CA USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Robert Handler is a Research Vice President at Gartner. Mr. Handler provides a thought leadership role in portfolio management, as well as program and project management. He is an author and frequent speaker at conferences.
Mr. Handler has more than 20 years of experience in all phases of the system development life cycle, including definition, analysis, design/configuration and implementation, as well as technology strategy, architecture, project, program and portfolio management. He joined Gartner in April 2005, with the acquisition of Meta Group. Before that, Mr. Handler worked at IBM Global Services and Ernst & Young, where he specialized in methodology, strategic information systems planning, PMOs, architecture, and technology selection and implementation. He has served companies in the insurance/financial services, retail, wholesale distribution, manufacturing, consumer products, nonprofit and travel industries.
- Ernst & Young, Senior Consultant, 3 years
- IBM Global Services, Practice Operations Manager/Senior Consultant, 3 years
- Additional postgraduate work in Finance and Accounting Information Systems, University of California, Los Angeles
- B.S., Business Administration, Pepperdine University
- M.B.A., Information and Decision Systems, San Diego State University
- Co-author of "IT Portfolio Management: Unlocking the Business Value of Technology"
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
09 December 2021Innovate Product Portfolios With Graph Technologies
23 November 2022Quick Answer: How Can Strategic Portfolio Management Practices Expedite Cost Optimization?
22 November 2021Evolving PMOs in an Enterprise Agile World