Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
This research contains enterprise-level IT investment, cost and staffing metrics, as well as business productivity ratios for 21 vertical industries, collected throughout 2015 from a global audience. It provides an overall summary of the IT Key Metrics Data: Key Industry Measures published research.
Table of Contents
How Does Your IT Organization Stack Up Against the Competition?
- IT Key Metrics Data Research Background
- IT Key Metrics Data Key Industry Measures Overview
- Using This Research
- Gartner’s ITBudget Tool: Compare Your IT Metrics to Your Industry
- Gartner IT Key Metrics Data Series
- IT Key Metrics Data Source
- Data Variations
2015 IT Investment Measures
- Total IT Spending/Budget Definition
- Points of Clarification
- IT Intensity
- IT Spending Percent Change, 2014 to 2015
- IT Spending as a Percent of Revenue, 2015
- Agility: Revenue Percent Change versus IT Spending Percent Change, 2014 to 2015
- IT Spending as a Percent of Operating Expense, 2015
- Agility: Operating Expense Percent Change versus IT Spending Percent Change, 2014 to 2015
- IT Spending per Employee, 2015
- IT Spending as a Percent of Revenue versus Operating Profit, 2015
- IT Spending Percent Change, 2015 to 2016
- IT Spending as a Percent of Revenue, 2016 Projected
- IT Spending as a Percent of Operating Expense, 2016 Projected
- IT Spend per Employee, 2016 Projected
IT Budget Distributions: Uncover the Facts
- IT Operational Versus Capital Spending
- Strategic IT Spending Categories: IT Spending to Run the Business, IT Spending to Grow the Business and IT Spending to Transform the Business
- IT Spending Distribution: Hardware, Software, Personnel and Outsourcing, 2015
- Distribution of IT Cost by IT Functional Area, 2011 to 2015
IT Portfolio Trends: Staffing
- IT Full-Time Equivalents as a Percent of Employees
- Distribution of IT FTEs: Insourced versus Contractor, 2015
- Distribution of IT Staff by Role
- Distribution of IT Staff by IT Functional Area
Related IT Key Metrics Data Research
Appendix: Exploring Gartner's Prescriptive Benchmark Analytics Capabilities
- Gartner Benchmark Analytics Select Case Studies
- How Does Your IT Organization Stack Up Against the Competition?
Gartner Recommended Reading