Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Mobile devices frequently contain or have access to sensitive information and must be protected. This assessment aids technical professionals through analysis of and recommendations for the security controls of popular mobile device operating systems.
Table of Contents
Drivers for Mobile Device Security
Risks to Mobile Devices
- Physical Attacks: Device Loss, Theft and Disposal
- Logical Attacks Through Network or Other Communication Interfaces
- Logical Attacks on Devices: Rootkits, Malicious Software and Configurations
Common Security Functionality in Mobile Platforms
- Core OS Security Features
- Corporate-Managed Security Features
- Changes to Devices and Controls
- Increase in Number and Sophistication of Malware and Configuration Attacks
- Increased Device Support for Multipersona and Data Security
- Drivers for Mobile Device Security
Gartner Welcomes Your Feedback
Identify the Threats for Your Organization
Set Baselines of Mobile OS Versions and Hardware
Ensure That Enterprise Apps Are Secure
Evaluate Mobile Threat Defense Products
- Gartner Welcomes Your Feedback
Mobile Platform Security Controls
Adding Security Through Other Mobile Security Solutions
- Mobile Anti-Malware
- Mobile Threat Defense (MTD)
- Managed Information Containers
- Device Management Agents (MDM/EMM)
- Mobile Platform Security Controls
Gartner Recommended Reading