Published: 22 September 2017
The growth of the Internet of Things and the upcoming trend toward more immersive and interactive user interfaces will flip the center of gravity of data production and computing away from central data centers and out to the edge. (Maverick research exposes unconventional thinking and advice.)
Included in Full Research
- Specific Maverick Caution
- Maverick Findings
- Maverick Recommendations
- *Maverick Research
- What Is "the Edge?"
- The IT Evolutionary Food Chain and the Flip
- Digital Business, Digital Society and the Blur
- The Internet of Things Is Inevitable, Growing, Noisy and Needy
- The Human Interface Will Become More Interactive and Immersive
- So What's Wrong With Cloud?
- Privacy and Security
- When the Edge Grows, What Does the Centralized Cloud Do?
- Delivering Centralized Content With Lower Latency — Essentially Cached — Closer to Users
- Extending the Programming Model to Devices at the Edge
- Who Will Build the Edge?
- What Does Edge Computing Mean to Business?