Supply chain visibility has emerged as a key foundational capability. Supply chain leaders responsible for visibility initiatives should use this research as a pathway for efficiently operating and/or enhancing visibility capabilities within business networks.
- Visibility Research Overview
- Group 1: Be Clear About the Company's Maturity Stage
- Group 2: Explore Supply Chain Visibility Basics — the "What"
- Group 3: Start the Visibility Journey — the "Why" and "When"
- Group 4: Find Visibility Software Tools and Key Players in the Market — the "Who"
- Group 5: Begin the Visibility Project — the "How" (Business)
- Group 6: Evaluate Visibility Software — the "How" (Technology)
- Group 7: Learn From Examples and Lessons From Peers
- Group 8: Discover Correlating Topics
- What's Next — Research Plans 2018
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.