DevOps initiatives include a range of technologies and methodologies spanning the software delivery process. I&O leaders must recognize the readiness and abilities of DevOps technologies to ensure that their DevOps initiatives accelerate time to value.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Chaos Engineering
- Communities of Practice
- Continuous Quality
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Lean IT
- Continuous Experience
- DevOps Toolchain
- At the Peak
- Application Release Orchestration
- Continuous Delivery
- DevOps Toolchain Orchestration
- IMC-Enabled Hyperscale Application Architecture
- Container Management
- Mobile DevOps Tools
- Bimodal IT Operations
- Mediated APIs
- Post-Scrum Methodologies
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Enterprise-Class Agile Development
- Behavior-Driven Development
- Citizen Developers
- Continuous Configuration Automation
- Software-Defined Infrastructure
- Agile Ops
- Agile Application Testing Services
- Cloud Management Platforms
- Climbing the Slope
- Software-Defined Networking
- Application Performance Monitoring Suites
- Test Data Management
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.