This Hype Cycle provides critical input for strategic planning by tracking the maturity levels and adoption rates of emerging provider technologies and approaches. Healthcare provider CIOs should use this research to plan their investments to optimize and transform.
- What You Need to Know
- The Hype Cycle
- The Priority Matrix
- Off the Hype Cycle
- On the Rise
- Digital Health Platform (for Providers)
- Digital Twins in Healthcare
- Digital Speech Analysis for Clinical Diagnoses
- Precision Health
- AI Healthcare Advisors
- Ambient Digital Scribe
- Precision Medicine
- Virtual Health Assistant
- Automated Patient Decision Aids
- Health Data Curation and Enrichment
- AI-Enabled Diagnostic Imaging Interpretation
- Application Marketplace for Healthcare Providers
- At the Peak
- Critical Condition Surveillance Systems
- Algorithmic Medicine
- Blockchain in Healthcare
- Contact Tracing Apps
- IoT in Healthcare
- Digital Analytics Architecture for Healthcare Providers
- Sliding Into the Trough
- Healthcare Consumer Persuasion Analytics
- Eldercare-Assistive Robots
- Genomics Medicine
- Real-Time Health System Command Center
- Healthcare ERP
- PHI Consent Management
- Real-Time Healthcare Costing
- Healthcare CRM
- Patient Portals (Untethered)
- Patient Throughput and Capacity Management
- Population Health Management Solutions
- Climbing the Slope
- Enterprise EHR Systems (Non-U.S.)
- Healthcare Interoperability
- Computer-Assisted Coding (Hospital)
- Entering the Plateau
- Real-Time Location in Healthcare
- Hype Cycle Phases, Benefit Ratings and Maturity Levels
Gartner Recommended Reading
©2020 Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates.
All rights reserved.
Gartner is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and its affiliates.
This publication may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without Gartner’s prior written permission.
It consists of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization, which should not be construed as statements of fact.
While the information contained in this publication has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, Gartner disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
Although Gartner research may address legal and financial issues, Gartner does not provide legal or investment advice and its research should not be construed or used as such.
Your access and use of this publication are governed by Gartner’s Usage Policy.
Gartner prides itself on its reputation for independence and objectivity.
Its research is produced independently by its research organization without input or influence from any third party.
For further information, see
Guiding Principles on Independence and Objectivity.