Increasing stakeholder demands for transparency will drive corporate governance trends in 2023. Legal leaders must prepare to revise board and governance practices, continue to develop ESG programs and provide advice to directors so they can fulfill their expanding oversight role.
As business disruption persists, companies and their boards must respond to quickly shifting governance, regulatory, and stakeholder expectations.
Download this report to discover the five corporate governance trends affecting the board’s oversight role in 2023:
- Demands for increased director diversity
- Alignment of ESG goals and incentive compensation
- Privacy and cybersecurity as ESG priorities
- Challenging political and social climate
- Increase in director time commitment