We are navigating a driver crisis due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, geopolitical forces, pervasive unsafe and poor working conditions, and high insurance premiums.
The driver shortage in supply chain logistics cannot be solved by simply offering more pay. A sustainable solution to the driver crisis must involve:
- Retooling the employee value proposition for both aging drivers and younger drivers.
- Collaborating across stakeholder groups.
Download a new report from Gartner’s supply chain industry analysts about the two transformative actions that supply chain logistics leaders must take:
- Data-driven, practical tips for retaining the aging driver workforce
- Proven levers to attract next-generation driver talent
- Value drivers of today’s logistics talent
- Roles and responsibilities for solving the driver crisis among drivers, employers, insurance agents, industry associations and government bodies