I. While Gartner owns all right, title and interest in the Gartner Research, we are licensing it to you, the Licensed User, under the following conditions:
As a licensed user, you may use the Gartner research in the following ways:
- You May Open It: You may open as many Gartner Research documents as you like under the terms of your license, provided that such opening is: (i) for your personal use, (ii) within your job, and (iii) within the scope of your Services; and meets the CONDITIONS set forth below.
- You May Print It: You may print a Gartner Research document for your personal use in your job role, but not for sharing with any third-party either inside or outside the organization, provided that such printing is: (i) for your personal use, (ii) within your job, and (iii) within the scope of your Service; and meets the CONDITIONS set forth below.
- You May Share It: You may share an excerpted or derivative version of the Gartner Research (see below), but not the entire Gartner Research document, so long as such sharing is (i) internal within your organization, (ii) in support of your job role; and meets the CONDITIONS set forth below.
- It is not done on a systematic or routine basis (e.g., by a Licensed User who consistently distributes a periodic summary or excerpt of Gartner Research or who leverages a company business process that allows non-Users to routinely approach the Licensed User to meet their Gartner Research needs);
- It is limited to an internal audience only of no more than 15 people; and
- It is not done with the intent or effect of avoiding the purchase of additional User licenses.
The following uses constitute acceptable sharing of Gartner Research:
- Excerpted use: You may include a small excerpt of Gartner Research (e.g., a few lines of text not to exceed 5 sentences, a paragraph, or a specific graphic) in an internal report or presentation (attributing Gartner as the source).
- Derivate use: You may briefly summarize the Gartner Research in your own words for your project team or senior-level decision makers (attributing Gartner as the source).
The following uses constitute unacceptable sharing of Gartner Research:
- You may not share Gartner Research in either printed or electronic format with any third-party individual either internal or external to your organization.
- You may not share Gartner Research with any third-party groups either internal or external to your organization via email, intranet posting, or other information storage & retrieval systems.
II. Because Information Technology is rapidly evolving and changing, Gartner Research should only be relied on as of a certain date and time:
As a licensed user, once your license term has ended, you must adhere to the following rules:
- You must delete all soft copies of Gartner Research documents from your internal system. Storing Gartner Research is prohibited.
- You must destroy all printed copies of Gartner Research documents.