Including nonmanager employees in redesign decisions more than doubles the likelihood of marketing organization restructure success.
Building a marketing engine capable of keeping up with customers’ complex journeys requires operational excellence. CMOs must review their marketing teams' structure and capabilities in order to drive growth and achieve their goals.
Although restructuring can cause pain and unexpected challenges, especially when input from all stakeholders isn’t taken into account, CMOs can ensure their teams are informed and empowered at every stage of a change process, with better, cheaper, faster results.
Follow our five steps to:
- Get stakeholder buy-in on your existing problems
- Design your restructure solution with all (or representatives of all) impacted marketers
- Plan for change using a co-created rollout plan
- Build capability to change and inform collaborative development of governance, tools and connections
- Identify and track metrics related to your original problem