Augie is a Research Director covering the customer experience (CX) for marketing leaders. His particular areas include the CX strategy and governance, the buy/own/advocate customer journey, voice of customer (VoC) and survey strategies, customer journey mapping, CX analytics and measurement, the role of social media and word of mouth (WOM) in CX and persona development. Mr. Ray helps marketing leaders to launch and manage successful CX programs, gather and use VoC data more effectively, align CX metrics to the right leading indicators of success and improve the use of customer journey maps and personas. He also covers the use of augmented, virtual and mixed reality (AR, VR and MR) for marketing purposes. Augie is an early adopter, beginning his digital career as a Prodigy Community Manager in 1993.
Previously, he led all social media activities at the financial services firm, USAA. More recently, he directed American Express’s Voice of the Customer strategy and action, focusing on ways to encourage more use of customer feedback (surveys and complaints) to drive CX improvements.
Areas of Focus
Director, VoC Customer Experience Action
Director, Social Media Strategy
Executive Director, Community and Collaboration
Sr. Analyst, Social Computing
Top 5 Issues That I Help Clients Address
- What’s the role of social media and WOM in customer experience?
- What’s the most effective way to launch and enhance my customer experience management (CXM) program?
- How should marketers craft their customer experience objectives and measurements?
- What’s the best way to leverage customer feedback through VoC programs?
- How can marketers’ guide and influence the customer experience across the entire customer journey- from Buy to Own to Advocate?
Leadership’s Essential Role in Customer Experience
by Augie Ray
March 27, 2018
Get the Most Out of Your Advertising on Social Networks
How to Align Customer Experience with Marketing Channel Operations