12 years at Gartner, 23 years industry experience
Location: Spain | Language(s): Chinese - Mandarin, English
Roles and Responsibilities
Jie Zhang is a VP analyst responsible for covering risk management strategies and supporting technologies. Ms. Zhang's areas of specialty integrated risk management and digital innovation. She has 25 years of professional experience in a variety of research, advisory and IT-related roles. She is an author on the emerging trends of digital innovation. She interacts and offers advice to large, complex and cross-jurisdiction organizations for risk management strategies and security management programs. She is also a recognized expert on China cybersecurity law and privacy management. Prior to joining Gartner, she was a professor of applied statistics, a consultant on business operations and led companywide IT projects; evaluated, selected and acquired some major vendor and system integrators' offerings; and served as a liaison between the business and IT sides of the organization.
Prior to joining Gartner, Ms. Zhang was a professor of applied statistics, a consultant on business operations and led companywide IT projects; evaluated, selected and acquired some major vendor and system integrators' offerings; and served as a liaison between the business and IT sides of the organization.
- Cedent Consulting, Consultant for Business Operation, 8 years
- Debevoise & Plimpton, Systems Analyst, Project Manager, 10 years
- Population Research Institute, P.R. China, Associate Professor and Researcher, 3 years
- M.S. and B.S., Geography and Demography, People's University and Xinjiang University, P.R. China
- P.G., Applied Statistics, Institute of Social Studies, The Hague, Netherlands
- Winner of U.N. scholarship on Applied statistics for Demography
Team / Peers
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
17 May 2023Innovation Insight: Cybersecurity Continuous Control Monitoring
13 February 2023Tool: What Security Regulatory Requirements in China Should You Care About?
27 July 2022Hype Cycle for Cyber Risk Management, 2022
- 05 June 2023 - 07 June 2023 Security & Risk Management Summit
- 26 September 2023 - 28 September 2023 Security & Risk Management Summit
Events With This Analyst More
ANALYST INQUIRY More
Connect With an Analyst
Schedule an appointment to speak to an analyst.