3 years at Gartner, 30 years industry experience
Location: NC USA | Language(s): English
Roles and Responsibilities
Deborah Alvord is a Vice President Analyst with Gartner's global customer service and support research group. Mrs. Alvord supports customer experience and other service leaders in the areas of CX and operations.
Ms. Alvord has 31 years of experience with Customer Service Operations, Contact Centers Processes and Customer Experience (CX) optimization and transformation, along with a strong passion to help others to succeed. While at Lenovo, she identified enterprise and country-specific drivers of CX and service delivery needs within the global operations, along with employee engagement and customer-centric culture continuous improvement opportunities. The focus areas were CX Transformation, Voice of the Customer, CX and operational metrics, process optimization, employee rewards and recognition, performance management, vendor management, employee engagement, culture transformation and quality management. During her 18 years with EDS/HP/HPE, she was a part of the BPO/Services outsourcing business, gaining tremendous experience with outsourced operations for clients in all industries around the world. In addition to working with sites to optimize service delivery and providing thought leadership to the clients regarding CX and operations, for 10 years, she conducted service delivery and CX optimization consulting engagements with clients in all industries around the world who had both outsourced and in-house operations. Areas of focus included contact center operations optimization, CX transformation, process optimization, quality management, performance management, outsourcing/vendor management, employee engagement, coaching, training, rewards and recognition, KPIs/measurement. During her tenure at American Airlines reservations/customer care, she gained extensive contact center customer service and service delivery knowledge, along with contact center operational optimization experience. Areas of focus included performance management, operational efficiency, training, coaching, quality management, employee recognition programs, employee rewards and recognition.
- American Airlines, Supervisor Reservations/Customer Care, 7 years
- EDS/Hewlett-Packard(HP)/Hewlett-Packard Enterprise, CX/Service Delivery/Process Consultant-Outsourced/In-house Contact Ctr Services, 18 years
- Lenovo, Director of Customer Experience (CX) - Worldwide Services, 3 years
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill; Biology - BA
- For 3 years, selected to judge 'Best in Class Contact Center Culture' and 'Best in Class Contact Center >200 seats' for CCW (Call Center Week/Customer Contact Week.)
- Selected to speak at multiple industry conferences, podcasts, webinars and thought leadership series regarding transformation pre Gartner. Topics include best practice and process optimization for the following: Customer Experience (CX), Customer Engagement Center, Contact Center Operations, Service Delivery.
RESEARCH BY THIS ANALYST More
16 September 2021Why Customer Effort Score Needs to Be Part of Your Customer Experience Metrics
01 July 2022Protect Against Disruption With an Enterprise Customer Experience Strategy
20 June 2022Tool: Answer These Questions About Customer Experience to Inspire Improvement Ideas
- 24 March 2021 The Gartner Magic Quadrant for Customer Service Business Process Outsourcing
- 10 March 2022 Predictions to Optimize Value with Selective Service
- 22 June 2022 The Gartner Key Trends Shaping the Future of Customer Service and Support