By 2030, smart machines, artificial intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) will play distinct roles in projects, such as data collection, analysis and even reporting. Much of the “work” of today’s project management office (PMO) will be eliminated.
To stay relevant, PMO leaders must:
- Design and pilot an open information exchange of ideas, skills and expressions of interest
- Understand that new technologies and systems (like IoT and AI) will affect what work is done and how it is done
- Open a specific dialogue with other, non-IT executives
- Invest sooner rather than later, and start experimenting with smart machines
- Not get stuck on the term “PMO,” and must focus on the value contribution, regardless of what the function is called
Change is coming more rapidly than ever, so it is vital you’re prepared to adapt for success in the new digital era.
Complete the form to get your free copy.