As each organization moves from initial response to sustainable game plan in a post-COVID-19 pandemic workforce, the need to anticipate, strategize, plan and execute at speed increases significantly. Operational excellence and organizational flexibility are now higher priorities. Chief human resources officers need to build a resilient, flexible and responsive organization in which resources, operations and processes can sense and respond to change.
CHROs are currently faced with three urgent priorities, each with their own challenges:
- How do we get the right skills in the right place at the right time?
- How can we redesign processes and structures to adapt better to disruption?
- How can we respond to demands from our customers, as well as leadership, managers and workers?
Gartner has identified these five actions across these three areas to help CHROs build a more resilient organization:
- Take a dynamic approach to reskilling
- Find talent that generates business impact
- Redesign work to enable employees to be more responsive
- Leverage hybrid workforce models
- Adopt agile principles into HR projects and operating models
Download the guide to discover more about the five strategies and steps across these priorities to help build organizational resilience.