Turnover is a crucial talent metric with significant cost. On average, each departing employee costs an organization $18,591. Due to these high costs, organizations need to constantly look for ways to improve retention.
A solution to reducing turnover is to increase employee engagement or the intent to stay with semistructured stay conversations.
Effectively lead stay conversations to boost retention with guidance on how to:
- Build stay conversation into organizational culture
- Help managers to identify the right time for these conversations
- Understand the critical topics to cover during stay conversations
- Identify instances where employees do not feel safe with their manager
- Work with managers and HR leaders to determine action steps