Gartner, Inc. has announced the keynote lineup for its flagship annual conference for CIOs and senior IT executives in Asia Pacific, Gartner Symposium/ITxpo on the Gold Coast, Australia.
Held over four days at the Gold Coast Convention Centre, this year’s conference features several luminary keynote speakers focused on innovation, leadership and bold new thinking, to help delegates rise to the challenge of digital disruption that is facing every organization in every industry. More than 1,500 people including more than 500 CIOs are expected to attend this year.
This year’s keynote speakers are:
- David Thodey, Chairman of CSIRO and JobsNSW, Former CEO of Telstra Leadership in the Digital Age - Australia’s Innovation Challenge
- Dr. Helen Papagiannis, Augmented Reality Specialist and Author
- Richard de Crespigny, Captain of Qantas Flight 32, Lessons on Leadership. Communication. Teamwork. Crisis Management
- Gus Balbontin, Former Chief Technology Officer, Lonely Planet on The CIO Challenge – Leading Transformation, Innovation, Culture and Reinvention
- Peter Hinssen, Expert on Disruptive Innovation and Author of ‘The New Normal’
Attendees will also hear CIO stories featuring visionary CIOs sharing practical examples of putting digital leadership into practice, including:
- Randall Brugeaud, CIO, Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Sabrina Walsh, CIO, Western Sydney Local Health District
- Sarv Girn, CIO, Reserve Bank of Australia
The full agenda is online here.
Gartner Symposium/ITxpo is the world's most important gathering of CIOs and senior IT leaders, uniting a global community of CIOs with the tools, insights and strategies to help them lead the next generation of IT and achieve business outcomes. At the global event series, more than 8,500 CIOs and senior IT and business leaders will gather for the insights they need to ensure that their IT initiatives are key contributors to their enterprise's success.
This year’s theme is ‘Lead 360 - Drive Digital to the Core’. When competing at digital speeds and needing to drive digital innovation to the core of every process, product and service, the ability to expand your mindset and see the future from 360 degrees becomes essential.
The conference features six tracks spanning technology & information, leadership and business strategy. More than 50 Gartner analysts will provide independent research and advice in personal one-on-one meetings with delegates onsite. A wealth of peer engagement opportunities will allow delegates to make lasting connections, share best practices, and network with peers.
More than 80 technology solution providers will showcase new possibilities for digital business, organized into marketplaces to make it easy to find the right solutions.
Attendees can expect highly focused content relevant to their top priorities at Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2016, the world's most important gathering of CIOs and other senior IT executives. Follow news and updates on Twitter using #GartnerSYM.
Dates and locations for Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2016 events include: