Not a Gartner Client?
Want more research like this?
Learn the benefits of becoming a Gartner client.
Managing the detail of customer experiences is an important part of any customer relationship management strategy. We show how to design, implement, manage and profit from a CEM program.
Table of Contents
What Is CEM and Why Is It Important?
- 1.1 Defining a Customer Experience
- 1.2 The Challenge of Managing the Customer Experience
- 1.3 Competing Brands Are Increasingly Similar, but Customer Experience Differentiates
- 1.4 Does Greater Customer Satisfaction Mean Greater Customer Loyalty and Profit?
- 1.5 Developing the Right Kind of Loyalty: Rational vs. Emotional
How Do Organizations Create and Drive Positive Customer Management?
- 2.1 Customer Experience Management: Before, During and After the Experience
- 2.2 Setting Expectations: Brand Values and Reputations Make Promises
- 2.3 Case Study: Disney Theme Parks — Car Parking, Queues and Culture
- 2.4 Designing the Customer Experience
- 2.5 Process Maps Expose "Moments of Truth"
- 2.6 Case Study: The Journey of a Business Passenger on a Major U.S. Airline
- 2.7 Continuous Improvement: Collect Feedback Across All Channels
- 2.8 Act on Feedback: Tell Customers and Staff
What Are the Primary Changes Required to Drive CEM?
- 3.1 Start With What the Business Controls
- 3.2 Explore the Details: Products and Services Are Experience Bundles
- 3.3 Case Study: Kaiser Permanente and IDEO Redesign the Patient Experience
- 3.4 Employees Improve the Customer Experience Most
- 3.5 Incentives for Changing Employee Behavior
- 3.6 The Frontline Customer Contact Experience: Get the Basics Right First
- 3.7 Governance: Define Responsibilities for Each Part of the Customer Experience
- 3.8 Customer Experience Metrics and Measurement
CEM Techniques and Technologies for Channels
- 4.1 Capturing and Improving the Experience in Face-to-Face Contact
- 4.2 Capturing and Improving the Customer Experience in Contact Centers
- 4.3 Case Study: TXU Utilities Employees Take Ownership of Complaints
- 4.4 Improving the Web Experience
- 4.5 Case Study: Package Delivery Company Migrates to the Web
Determining Enterprise Readiness for CEM
- Management Summary