In “Digital to the Core,” the authors describe the three primary disruptive forces of the digital era:
- Resolution revolution. Allows us to accurately measure and precisely control things and events
- Compound uncertainty. Requires that leaders assess the tipping points of technology, culture and regulation
- Boundary blurring. Occurs when the digital and physical worlds merge and alters industries as we know them
You must lead your organization at three distinct levels:
- Remap your industry. How must your world view change, and what fundamental industry paradigms must you rethink?
- Remodel your enterprise. What does your enterprise need to become, and how will you redefine your company?
- Remake yourself. Who do you need to be, and how must you remake yourself as a digital era-relevant leader?
The book draws on the authors’ interviews with over 35 C-level executives in global companies and government organizations, plus Gartner’s CIO Agenda survey of 2,800 CIOs. Case studies include GE, Ford, Quicken, U.K. Government, Babolat, Volvo, Publicis, McDonald’s, Tory Burch, India’s BJP party and many others.