An approach to large-scale application development (AD) that includes the following phases, which are executed by up to 10 teams of 10 people each during a period of no more than 18 months:
• Phase 1: Business and technical architecture reconciliation.
• Phase 2: Functional requirements gathering and specification.
• Phase 3: Initial architecture design, building and implementation.
• Phase 4: First building and testing of application, including user interface, data access and business logic.
• Phase 5: Initial installation of application.
• Phase 6: Concurrent engineering for subsequent builds.
• Phase 7: Rapid release plan.